The actuary club is hosting an event called “How I Became an Actuary” on Tuesday, April 3rd in the Mississippi Room in Coffman Union (3rd floor). It will be a great event for all students, especially freshman and sophomores, to learn from actuaries about what they do in their jobs, what it takes to move into this career path and why actuarial science is a great profession. The panel will be from 5:30 – 7:00, followed by a reception with appetizers and desserts from 7:00 – 8:00.
Moderator and Panelists
- Breanne Richins – FSA and Senior Actuarial Program Specialist, University of Minnesota School of Mathematics-MCFAM (Moderator)
- Grace Meyer – Actuarial Analyst – Deloitte Consulting
- Christina Kyllo – Actuarial Analyst – LDP – Travelers
- Nancy Hoang – Actuarial Associate – Securian Financial Group
- Jacob Wise – AIM Hedging Analyst – Allianz Life
- Jake Marette – Senior Actuarial Analyst– Willis Towers Watson
You can find more details here.
Come with lots of questions! Those interested in coming can RSVP here.