Welcome to the Actuary Club at the University of Minnesota!
[day date=]How I Became An Actuary Event [/day]
- The annual Actuarial Career and Internship Fair will be held in Coffman Memorial Union on October 2nd, 2017.
- Meetings this fall semester will be held on Thursdays in Bruininks Hall 117 from 5:30pm to 7:00pm. Hope to see you there!
- The 5th Annual Midwest Actuarial Student Conference will be held September 29-30th and is hosted by the University of Iowa. The conference is free to register with both breakfast and lunch provided. Registration will remain open until September 23rd.
- A networking event, “Meet the Sponsors” will be held from 7:00-8:30 pm on September 29th and the conference will take place on Saturday September 30th from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm.
- The purpose of the conference is to help college actuarial students gain practical knowledge of their future careers in the field with sessions about current industry opportunities, interview advice, exam preparation, and much more.
- More information about the event can be found on this year’s EventBrite page.
- The Property and Casualty New York Career Fair will be held on Sunday September 17th, 2017. The event is free if registered before August 31st, 2017.
- Please view the attached flyer. ASNY CAREER DAY 9-2017
Exam Curriculum Changes
- Starting in 2018, the only exams accepted by both actuarial credentialing societies, the SOA and CAS, will be P/1, FM/2, and MFE/3F.
- Read about the changes to the CAS credentialing process, effective 2018.
- The SOA has released the transition guidelines, revised learning objectives, and more details about the changes to the ASA and CERA requirements. Read about it here.
- Undergraduate Mathematics majors and recent alumni specializing in Actuarial Mathematics.
- Masters of Financial Mathematics students.
- Statistics, Economics, or Business undergraduate and graduate students.
- Anyone else interested in the actuarial profession!
- Finance and Risk Management Insurance
- Data Analysis
- Business Intelligence (BI)
Like us on Facebook
[big_header]A big thanks to these companies for attending the Actuarial Career Fair in 2016[/big_header]