Welcome to the Actuary Club at the University of Minnesota!
- Thank you to everyone who attended the annual career fair this past September. On Friday, October 8th, 2021 from 12:00-4:00pm the actuarial career fair will be held at Coffman Memorial Union. Links to register will be implemented when the event is finalized.
- Meetings this spring semester will be held on Tuesdays (and occasional Thursdays) at 7:00pm. All meeting will be virtual until further notice.
- Here is a list of companies that attended the 2020 UMN Actuary Career Fair. The list of companies of companies that will be attending the 2021 career fair will be updated when it is received.
- Ameriprise Financial
- Federated Insurance
- Guy Carpenter
- Santa Barbara Actuaries
- Van Iwaarden
- Voya Financial
- Wakely Consulting
- Willis Tower Watson
Exam Curriculum Changes
- Starting in 2018, the only exams accepted by both actuarial credentialing societies, the SOA and CAS, will be P/1, FM/2, and IFM/3F.
- Read about the changes to the CAS credentialing process, effective 2018.
- The SOA has released the transition guidelines, revised learning objectives, and more details about the changes to the ASA and CERA requirements. Read about it here.
- Undergraduate Mathematics majors and recent alumni specializing in Actuarial Mathematics.
- Masters of Financial Mathematics students.
- Statistics, Economics, or Business undergraduate and graduate students.
- Anyone else interested in the actuarial profession!
- Finance and Risk Management Insurance
- Data Analysis
- Business Intelligence (BI)