Welcome to the Actuary Club at the University of Minnesota!
- Spring 2022 Meetings:
- On Thursday, April 14th, Federated Insurance will be coming to present on their company and the actuarial profession. Pizza will be provided! The meeting is at 5:30pm in Bruininks Hall 114.
- On Thursday, April 21st, Thrivent will be presenting on what they do and give students tips on passing exams and landing jobs & internships. The meeting is at 5:30pm in Bruininks Hall 114.
- On Thursday, April 28th, we will have our annual “How I Became an Actuary” event. We have a variety of panelists coming including the current president-elect of the Society of Actuaries. Students of all levels of interest in actuarial science are encouraged to come! The event is from 6-7:30pm in Bruininks Hall 114. Chipotle will be provided!
- Thank you to everyone who attended the annual career fair this past September. On Friday, September 23rd, 2022 the actuarial career fair will be held at Coffman Memorial Union. Links to register will be implemented when the event is finalized.
- Here is a list of companies that attended the 2020 UMN Actuary Career Fair. The list of companies of companies that will be attending the 2022 career fair will be updated when it is received.
- Ameriprise Financial
- Federated Insurance
- Guy Carpenter
- Santa Barbara Actuaries
- Van Iwaarden
- Voya Financial
- Wakely Consulting
- Willis Tower Watson
- Undergraduate Mathematics majors and recent alumni specializing in Actuarial Mathematics.
- Masters of Financial Mathematics students.
- Statistics, Economics, or Business undergraduate and graduate students.
- Anyone else interested in the actuarial profession!
Exam Curriculum Changes
- Starting in 2018, the only exams accepted by both actuarial credentialing societies, the SOA and CAS, will be P/1, FM/2, and IFM/3F.
- Read about the changes to the CAS credentialing process, effective 2018.
- The SOA has released the transition guidelines, revised learning objectives, and more details about the changes to the ASA and CERA requirements. Read about it here.
- Finance and Risk Management Insurance
- Data Analysis
- Business Intelligence (BI)